What is ICP:
The pressure of the cerebrospinal fluid in the subarachnoid space between the skull and the brain. The pressure is normally the same as that found during lumbar puncture.
5-15 mmHg (A sustained pressure above the upper limit is considered abnormal).
1. The parents who made their son’s wheelchair into the best Halloween costume ever
2. The terminally ill man who loves receiving mail… and got more than he ever expected
3. A kind stranger who stopped a day from being ruined
4. The doctor who offered free medical care after Hurricane Sandy
5. And the people that helped out any way that they could
6. The older couple who saw themselves in two young parents
7. This Libyan child who doesn’t believe in hate
8. The parents who tattooed insulin pumps on their bellies so their diabetic son wouldn’t feel “different”
9. The police officer who bought shoes for a barefoot homeless man
10. And the police officers who made blind 13-year-old Gage Hancock-Stevens’ dream of being a cop come true
They even gave him a cake
11. The Michigan soccer team who gave their team manager with Downs syndrome an opportunity to start
12. The Texas A&M students that blocked Westboro Baptist Church protesters with a human wall
3. And this brave kid who stood up against hate
14. The woman who kept a homeless man dry during a downpour
15. The Disney security guard who is amazing at his job
16. The Icelandic heroes who rescued sheep during a major snowstorm
17. The quick-thinking little girl who saved her mom’s life by slapping her with a piece of pizza
18. The young girl who loves her dog unconditionally
19. The famous rugby player who visited his biggest fan in the hospital
20. The bros who worked together to save a cat
21. The community that came together to make Caine’s dream a reality
22. The football star who gives children in need a shopping spree each year
23. The man who comforts the old dog that saved his life
24. These candidates for parents of the year
25. The amazing couple who stuck together through unbelievable odds
26. And every single time anything like this happened.Source: buzzfeed.com
OHMYGOD I cannot stop crying. Some people in this world renew my faith in humanity
10. Think of all the weight you’ll lose from not getting to eat because of short staffing.
9. Think of the closeness you’ll develop with your co-workers after being knee-deep in Code 10’s, Code Blues and Code Browns.
8. Everyone is so frazzled, so next to them you look fabulous!
7. Think of…
Patient: I went to the ER last week. They said I had a panic attack. I’ve never had one before, but it was awful. I thought I was having a heart attack.
Me: Wow, that’s no fun. Did anything particularly stressful happen that might have triggered it?
Patient: Yeah, it happened cuz my son’s an…